20 Reasons to Migrate Magic eDeveloper, uniPaaS and Magic xpa to .NET by Upgrading Rather than Converting
Reason #7: .NET Done Right
We’re continuing our series of articles for those deciding between uniPaaS migration to .NET and uniPaaS to C# or ASP. As a number of Magic xpa developers have astutely observed, Magic xpa is .NET done right.
Magic and .NET
With its deployment engine based on the Microsoft .NET Framework, Magic xpa applications qualify as standard .NET applications. This provides developers with access to a wide range of built-in, commercial and third-party .NET services, forms and controls for use in their applications. Additionally, use of .NET Windows Forms controls give apps a modern, friendly user experience that increases usability. While fully .NET compliant, Magic xpa continues to support native development on Solaris, AIX, Linux, and IBM i server platforms as well.
In addition, the smarter way of developing and deploying applications inherent to Magic xpa, often called ‘the Magic paradigm,’ continues to offer massive advantages to developers. We see this very clearly in the way Magic xpa provides a superior platform for .NET development of data-centric or transaction-oriented business applications when compared to C# or ASP.
With Magic xpa Application Platform you can embed and integrate any .NET control or assembly. You can upgrade the look and feel of your Client-Server or Rich Internet Applications by directly placing new .NET controls as part of the user interface. You can also enhance the functionality of your application by integrating any form of .NET assembly. But you do so without having to write line-by-line code. The assemblies and controls are accessible from the Composite Resource Repository. The repository based nature of development in Magic xpa is vastly superior compared to the difficult and tedious nature of line-by-line text coding in C#. With Magic xpa, data discovery and manipulation is also handled in a repository based way.
Smart Future-Proof Technology
Magic has been enhancing features and helping our customers Outperform the Future for over 30 years and will continue doing so. We provide our long-time customers with simple migration paths to RIA and mobile, and provide an integration platform based on the same technology stack. By migrating your applications to the latest version, our customers can take advantage of new business opportunities quickly, easily and cost-effectively. In Magic xpa you gain:
- The ability to natively use .NET controls and code as part of an application without losing productivity! This is what our users call .NET done right.
- Standardization of client look and feel. Magic xpa facilitates a seamless switch from WIN32 to .NET UI and simple support for .NET integration.
- Magic xpa is stronger and more robust.
- Magic xpa provides an enhanced, richer more modern user experience
- With Magic xpa you gain compatibility with the latest databases and operating systems.
- With Magic xpa, you will find it easier not only to place controls on the forms but also to bind data.
- With Magic xpa you gain compatibility with Windows 8 features.
- And finally, with Magic xpa you have frameset controls that provide you with the ability to create multiple horizontal/ vertical frames and easily transfer data between them within an application.
A Full Solution
Magic customers benefit from Magic’s rich 30-year experience in application development and integration.
- Extensive professional service expertise and partner network
- Strong developer community including 3000+ ISVs
- Global 24/7 customer support organization
- Strategic alliances and partnerships with mobility and enterprise software vendors including Samsung, SAP, salesforce.com, Oracle JDE, Microsoft, IBM, and more.